Chicken Florentine Soup
Write a review
Yields: 5 cups
4 c. Golden Star Basmati Rice
6 oz. shredded roasted chicken
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 jar (7 oz) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. Pepper
1 T. butter
1 ½ c. reduced sodium chicken broth
¾ c. Alfredo sauce
3 T. pesto
2 T. pine nuts, toasted
1 T. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook Golden Star rice, according to packaged instructions.
- In large saucepan, saute chicken, spinach, red peppers, rosemary, garlic powder and pepper in butter until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in broth, Alfredo sauce and pesto. Cook for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
- Add drained rice to soup.
- Garnish with pine nuts & parmesan cheese.